Our practice is committed to providing you and your family with safe, gentle, and high-quality dental care. We understand that you or your child may feel anxious about visiting the dentist. We are sensitive to your needs, and it is our goal to make you feel comfortable visiting our practice while providing the best care possible.
Your first visit is all about you and your child’s comfort, happiness and health
During your child’s first visit, we will:
- Review your child’s dental and medical history forms
- Take X-rays of your child’s teeth and mouth
- Clean and polish your child’s teeth, and check your child’s teeth and gums for cavities or early signs of tooth decay or gingivitis
After your child’s checkup and teeth cleaning are complete, the doctor will meet with you to discuss your X-rays, help you create your child’s own individual treatment plan, and answer any questions you may have.
Bring your child’s smile, but also remember to bring these with you to your child’s first appointment:
- All of the New Patient Forms Completed for each child
- A copy of your child’s insurance card
- A valid driver’s license
Regular checkups are an important part of maintaining a healthy smile!
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends your child visit a pediatric dentist every six months for regular checkups and routine teeth cleanings to keep their teeth and gums healthy.
We understand you have a busy schedule, so when you’re preparing to visit Growing Smiles, please remember your child’s appointments can last between 45 and 90 minutes.